14 August 2008

Exploration 4: RSS Feeds

Well, I've been trying to set up a feed, but with limited success. I set one up from home over the weekend, just kind of winging it, and was able to set up a nice looking feed from the Style section of the Post. However, I noticed that the feed was not updating itself, so I knew something was askew. Today, I sat down and read through the Exploration notes and watched the video. I went to one of the feed directories, Syndic8.com, and chose a feed. We've been watching the Olympics and I thought an Olympics-news based feed would be fun. Then I went to bloglines and signed in - easy enough, right? Sadly, it has not worked. I have yet to receive my confirmation email (20 minutes later) from bloglines and so have not yet set up my feed.

Oh, how I hate dashed expectations! Like most LAs, I have gobs of work to do and not nearly enough time to get through it all. Now I feel as though I've spent forty precious minutes of off-desk time on a bit of a dead end. (Sigh...)

Will try again later.

1 comment:

The EEB said...

The Washington Post feed does seem a bit slow to hop to it. I chose the daily top stories to put on my blog. Some days it updates and some days it doesn't. Maybe one of our colleagues will be able to tell us why.